Friday, March 4, 2011

Going Through The Motions

I'm still moving forward with the goal to compete. While I am not fully engaged in the process mentally, I am physically going through the motions. I make sure I pack meals to eat when I'm away from the house, eat every 2 1/2 -3 hours, and make a conscious effort at portion control. However, I will say that in the next few days I'm apt to take out the food scale and weigh the food to make sure that I'm not eating too much or too little. I know it's not the most enjoyable thing to do, but honestly if I'm going to drop weight and meet this goal then I have to weigh the protein portion at the bare minimum. At 43 years old, the portion size is so important. Otherwise, what's the point of working so hard when there is nothing to show for it, because I just ate too much, eventhough it was the right type of food?

Tonight's workout:
30 minute run on treadmill at 4.5 speed. 5 minute cool down.
3 sets of sit ups & 4 sets of pull ups. I'm back to 1-2 pull ups. I'm just happy I can do them still.

Meals:
Everything the same as yesterday's blog, except:
Meal 3: 1 cup steamed broccoli & a vegetable/white chicken stew that I made a few nights ago. Fat was minimal.
Meal 5: Dinner was 1 cup steamed green beans, 4 oz chicken breast (had little bit if mozzerella cheese & some other stuff that was not strictly on the diet). We had a dinner party tonight and I was lazy and didn't make something different for my dinner. Instead I was very careful with portion size. No dessert, eventhough everybody else had homemade banana bread and butter pecan low fat ice cream. I had hot tea.

Last night and some of today I have felt a little pissed off. I'm not angry at anyone or anything...It's just the mental part of getting into the rhythm of a strict routine.

I don't want to scare anybody away from challenging themselves. I think that having a challenge is good. It stretches the mind and allows one to venture where one would not normally go. It's just tough.

RsmKettleGirl@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment