Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Recovery from a cheat meal & Where's my head

Back on track today wasn't so bad.

What I ate:
830am: 1 scoop protein + 1 Tbs peanut butter, + water and ice cubes + banana
11am: chocolate chip Promax Bar (usually this is my 4th meal.
1pm: lettuce + salsa fresca (homemade), ground lean turkey with seasoning.
3pm: 3 slices turkey (approx 4 oz.) + 1/2 whole wheat wrap.
5:15pm: ground turkey with seasoning + salsa + f/f refried beans + 4 black olives.

Workout:
Kettlebell : 45 minutes. A really good workout from Paul Daniels! I felt really good afterwards.

Where's my head!
I'm going through the motions with my nutrition and exercise, but I'm just not in it like I was in October. I hate to say it, but I think part of me has just moved on to other things that I find more interesting right now in my life. Right now, I'm so dedicated to homeschooling and learning about curriculum and reading about all sorts of things about the way I would like to continue homeschooling...that my mind is less interested in competing. I had always had this goal of competing, but now that I've accomplished it, I can check it off my "bucket list". I still desire to be more fit for the summer, but I'm not sure if I will compete again. Maybe the timing is wrong, maybe my attitude is wrong, maybe it's just not very interesting anymore, and the novelty has warn off. I don't really know the exact reason unless all of these excuses or reasons are IT. As for now, I'll continue on my journey, but with less enthusiasm. I don't think there is anything my family or friends could say that would make me change my mind or give me that drive. I think the drive has to come from within. It's a lot of work to have the motivation come from somewhere else. I wish I could be absolutely 100% in high gear, but I cannot.

Tomorrow is a running day and I may do a few leg exercises to start building up more shape on the legs.
RsmKettleGirl@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment