Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Ups and Downs

Yes, it's been FOREVER since I blogged. I had a nice long conversation with Paul Daniels, my kettlebell coach, about why I'm struggling with getting in gear for the 2nd competition.

The bottom line is that I've put so much energy into homeschooling, trying to ge it all perfect, doing late night research about this and that curriculum, that I have failed to find my commitment to my fitness goal. Actually what has happened is that I have lost the motivation, because my priorities got wrapped up in this other part of my life.

I've been doing a lot of self reflecting and decided after lots of thought that I still want to compete. I hope to do it this year, but I cannot be more specific. My goal right now is to be CONSISTENT with kettlebell and running and my DIET.

Two days ago, I started my process. It's slow going. I have no idea where tomorrow will take me, but I will do my best to pull back on obsessing about homeschooling and focus a little more on my fitness goal.

what I find interesting about this process is that I would never have thought that my goal would be so largely interrupted by "homeschooling" and yet the truth is that anything could have distracted me.

So my job is to try to stay the course. Follow me on my turbulant journey. I'll probably blog 3 times a week. I won't commit to more, because I've already blown that out the window.

Today, inspite of feeling run down I got on the treadmill 30 minutes and did 1 set of crunches.
I ate well today...much like the blogs I have written about what I eat.

RsmKettleGirl@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment