Tuesday, April 26, 2011

New Foods that Taste Great

This morning I finished making the rest of the black bean salsa. It's awesome! I don't have the recipe in front of me, but it was pretty easy. First, I took 1 package of dried black beans and rinsed them. I put them in a crock pot, at a low temperature all day, with lots of water. When they were done, I drained the water and put them in a big bowl. Next, I finely cut up 6-8 tomatoes, chopped 1/2 bunch of cilantro, chopped 4-5 green onions, 2 Persian cucumbers (seeded and peeled them first), and mixed them together with a few teaspoons or more of cumin, slightly less cayenne pepper, salt to taste, transferred and mixed these ingredients into the black beans. YUM! So good, so healthy. I combine this black bean salsa with chicken or turkey for a complete meal.

The other night my husband made an Asian chicken salad. It was also divine. I'll right down the recipe tomorrow. The only fat came from no salt peanuts. Otherwise, everything was healthy in it. It was a very good dinner and lunch (the next day).

Right now in my refrigerator I have a large Tupperware full of homemade salsa, black bean salsa, and brown rice. All I have to do each day is find my protein I want to use and combine it with any of these good carbs.
I love spicy foods, so these carb compliments really make a difference in satisfaction.

So far so good on staying on track with my nutrition and exercise. I haven't had any cravings or frustrations.I'm glad. Those times are always hard to go through.

Workout Tonight: kettlebell class

RsmKettleGirl@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment