Thursday, April 28, 2011

Progression on a day to day basis matters more

It's been 1 1/2 weeks since I've been back on my program. I know it's not a long time, but every day counts. I like to look at the accomplishment this way, because otherwise it would be too daunting to say "well...I have 4 months to go." I much prefer to be in the moment with my accomplishments.

Yesterday I was thinking about this same idea. I realized that I really like the challenge and the day to day process of "getting there" almost more than the meeting the final goal. Don't get me wrong, I will be thrilled to see if I can get back in competition shape. However, in the meantime, it's quite an enjoyable process staying on track, feeling good about my blood sugars being stable, feeling mostly happy, and getting more done on a day to day basis, then when I don't eat or exercise regularly.

I can feel small changes daily occurring in my body and mind, but I probably won't notice a huge change until at least until 1 month has gone by.

Tonight's Exercise:
I went to Paul Daniel's Kettlebell class tonight from 6:15-7pm. As always I'm always wiped out at the end of class, but definitely refreshed.

Eats Today:
same old protein powder, 1 banana, 1 tablespoon peanut butter , and water blended into a smoothie.
snack: 1 pear, 1 hard boiled egg
lunch: approx 3-4 oz ground lean turkey with seasoning, 3/4 cup black bean salsa
snack:: 1 chocolate promax protein bar
dinner: 1/2 cup black bean salsa and 2 fat free turkey hot dogs. 1/2 teaspoon mustard.

Learning to enjoy the process has been a very important step in being able to accomplish my goals, not just with a body transformation, but in every area of my life. The end point is simply a result that in itself is an accomplishment, but sustains no real pleasure, unless there is another way to challenge myself once again.

RsmKettleGirl@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment