Friday, May 13, 2011

Yummy Yummy Foods

I totally love to eat desserts or anything that probably is not good for me. My favorites are the cheesecakes from Cheesecake Factory. But I also love Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, french fries, hot fudge sundaes, and if I was to have fast food, my favorite would be In and Out  and Taco Bell.  I love Nachos, Pad Thai, and on and on I could go....


However, this said, it is also important to keep in mind that while I may like and love all these types of foods, they are just foods. They are not life! So, when I get together with friends and family during a time when I am training then the temptations are not great and the desire is lessened, because the process of training is much more exciting.

I don't think I had felt this way until I actually went through the process of training for my first competition. Training the first time around was much more difficult, because I had to learn to go through pain, frustration, anger, as if I was detoxing. Even though I had not been eating poorly on a consistent basis, the absence of a break from total clean eating was really tough.

Now, I don't have the same issues. Now, I don't feel angry, frustrated, or in pain. Now, it's more of a focus on consistently sticking with the program for  3 1/2 more months regardless of my thoughts or other interruptions, or just a lack of motivation.  Losing fat is just a matter of time. There is no special trick to lose the fat other than just eating clean, eating appropriate portion size, and exercising.

I think that's the hard part for most individuals. Feeling that time is going very slowly is one of the hardest challenges. There are no highs until you get into a groove, and then there are days of boredom with what you are eating, and there are no rewards from the food you are eating, unless you can appreciate a better complexion, sleeping better, more energy, better clarity, and more desire for having things just so.

Anyway, the yum yum foods are just so incredibly yummy, but are never worth giving into unless you are consciously focused on taking yourself off track. Don't do it! Keep motivated, Keep consistent, and Keep the goal in mind....Change the iPod tunes, change up the flavors in your meals, and change your reward system.

RsmKettleGirl@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment