Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Days after a Cheat Meal

Always without fail I feel guilty or badly the next several days after a cheat meal. The thought just sits there on my mind and it doesn't go away quickly. The repercussions are always more devastating in the mind than what it does to the body. I think my body feels fine, and like I said on the last blog, I think my body needed some more calories.

Bouncing back was physically easy. I just got right back on track. But I go through the "what ifs", "the should-ofs", and the "wish-I-hads". Then I'm reminded by my gentler side that living in the past does not serve a good purpose.

Yesterday and today were good days nutritionally. I ate well and kept the carb/fat/protein ratios balanced.
Yesterday I ran on the treadmill and did 4 sets of pull ups and 3 sets of sit-ups. Monday and today I did Kettlebell with Paul Daniels. I had two great workouts. Today, my workout consisted of one legged dead lifts, squats, clean and presses, one arm rows, and swings. We are upping the amount of time spent on the legs, since that is where I need the work.

At this point, I think if I was to drop 3 pounds in 5 weeks I will be in excellent shape for the competition.
The most important part right now is to keep the diet consistent, keep the carbohydrates "green" and low glycemic, and not focus too heavily on counting the days. Counting the days makes me feel rushed and and pressured to do more than what I am currently doing. I don't think that is a good idea, because when I'm under pressure it makes me feel like I have to make more changes to my program. The fact is that I just need to be consistent. Consistency always pays off.

Today: 17% body fat & 111 lbs.

Feel free to ask me any questions or comment on any of my blogs.
FYI: today was a good homeschooling day. It's feeling a little more comfortable, even though I have my uncertain moments.

RsmKettleGirl@gmail.com
http://bikinicompetitor.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment