Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Losing Fat with Kettlebells

Okay, I'm totally convinced about the positive effects and muscle definition that kettlebell workouts provide. I have not been focusing too much on weight training on days off from kettlebell, and yet I am seeing excellent results from the kettlebell training. I am now at 112 pounds! I didn't expect to be at this weight until at least the end of September or the beginning of October.

Today Paul Daniels (at www.bodywarehouse.com)  put me through a short workout (35 minutes) and my muscles were thoroughly exhausted. He combined double kettlebell swings, clean and presses, swing and presses, and squats for the 20 minutes of the workout. I did several repetitions and sets. I was drenched, exhausted, and loved the workout.

In addition to the fact that I have been reducing the time I spend weight training in my garage, but keeping all the same workouts in place and my nutrition/calories in check, I am positive that I am not losing muscle.

The intensity of my workouts have increased which is probably why I am dropping weight consistently. I love the kettlebell workouts. I love what they do for my core, my shape, and that it doesn't require an enormous time commitment.

I know someone who bought the PX90 and works out 90 minutes or so 6 days a week. Now that sounds exhausting. I never workout 90 minutes on any given day! I can't and honesty I just don't see the need. For busy lives like the one I have daily, I just wouldn't want to commit that much time. I think I would fail.

I foresee that Kettlebell will be the next new workout people will be talking about and wanting to do. Fortunately it is not another gimmick. It really works.

RsmKettleGirl@gmail.com
http://bikinicompetitor.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment