Monday, January 3, 2011

Kettlebell Class Tonight

I had a great Kettlebell workout led by Paul Daniels ( www.bodywarehouse.com ) tonight. The class was more difficult tonight because I hadn't been to class since Christmas week. It felt really good to be back both in the class as well as my routine.

I won't kid you, this week and next week will be brutally hard to be consistent with the nutrition and the exercise. Tonight I'll log my food and exercise to stay accountable to myself. I ate my typical meals, and for dinner I had 1 1/2 cup cooked carrots and approx 4 oz. of steel head trout with garlic salt. It was very tasty.  Even though I don't track how much water I drink I am going to have to increase my intake. I'm really good at drinking plenty of water, but when I've been off my program my water consumption also diminishes.  So I'll have to bring it back up to where it was. My skin always looks healthier when I do this, too.

You know what I love so much about Paul's kettlebell class is that it's incredibly personalized. He is very conscientious of tailoring a program to one's needs even though it's a group class. As I will be working toward another competition he will add or vary my workout to my needs as he does with all students. It's like having a personal trainer, but in a group class.

While I'm not in my happiest place right now in body and mind, I have to start somewhere. It's just a slow process to get back to where I want to be. As each day goes by I will have progressively increased my mental, physical, and emotional strength, and the body will change accordingly. For me, it's not worth letting my emotions and desires distract me from my goal. So even though I am not my most content self, it's really okay to be in that undesirable place.

RsmKettleGirl@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment