Sunday, January 2, 2011

I have a lot to learn

The holidays ended up being really difficult for me to stay on track with the exercise and the nutrition. Tonight while I was running on the treadmill it occurred to me that I really have a lot to learn when it comes to the holiday festivities.

What made the holiday festivities difficult was that being at a lighter weight I had to be more consciencious. When my weight was at a heavier set point then I didn't really care either way. I ate as I pleased. At a lighter weight, I had to be much more careful about how much and what I ate. Unfortunately, dealing with these circumstances was much more difficult than I thought.

Getting back on track AGAIN:
...is difficult. Tonight I realized that I need to start logging my food and exercise. So I pulled out a notebook tonight and will log everything I ate and what I exercised as well as how many sets and reps. I need to keep myself accountable and on track. I'll tell you why. Tonight when I was thinking about what I ate today, I totally forgot that I ate a homemade blueberry muffin. I did it after dinner and didn't really think about what I was doing...until I thought twice about what I ate tonight. THAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH NOT KEEPING A FOOD JOURNAL. Last year when I was training for my competition I kept a journal. It helped so much.

It's really a must!
RsmKettleGirl@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment