Wednesday, December 22, 2010

workout less

I was running tonight on the treadmill in the garage. While I was not very excited about going downstairs tonight and working out, I realized that it's so much easier to do it when I know my workout is not going to be very long. I love the fact that my workouts are no more than 1 hour long. It's easier on the mind and easier to make myself do it.

Years ago, before having children, I used to workout about 1 1/2 - 2 hours. Now I couldn't imagine doing that again. Tonight I was downstairs about 45 minutes. I ran for 30, plus a 5 minute cool down, then did 4 sets of sit ups and 4 sets of pull ups. Done! It was a simple workout that calmed and centered me. I feel good, happy, and ready to watch Rachael Maddow.

RsmKettleGirl@gmail.com

What we do today is a good prediction of what we will have produced by tomorrow. A small accomplishment today will mean a little step forward tomorrow, a big step in one week, and a huge step in one month.

No comments:

Post a Comment