Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Day 3 Progress

It's not the best picture, but this was the 5th place award I won at my first competition. Next competition I'd like to place 3rd or 4th.
Today was an excellent day too!
After the girls went to bed, I went downstairs in the garage and worked out at 8:20pm.

My mind and body are starting to get back into the swing of things. I ran on the treadmill for 30 minutes + another 5 minutes for cooling down. I ran 1/2 the time at 4.5 and the rest at 5.0. No incline. Then I did 3 different exercises for my legs: butt blasters, abductors, adductors. Then, I finished off with 3 sets of 2 unassisted pull-ups.

When I was on the treadmill I wasn't jiggling all over the place like I spoke about a few days ago. I think what helped was the leg workout I did on Monday. Some of the muscle fibers weren't so loose. Sounds weird, but there was a noticeable difference.

To give you an idea of what I ate today:
meal #1: 1 scoop protein powder + 1 banana+1 Tbs organic peanut butter.
meal #2: 1 bag of sliced apples from Costco + 1 hardboiled egg
meal #3: ground turkey + yam + corn taken from the cob. No seasoning or fat on this meal.
meal #4: protein bar (290 calories)
meal #5: white meat chicken + brown rice + 2 tsp salsa
meal #6: after workout 1/2 scoop protein powder.

I wanted to share that meals #2- #5 were meals that I ate while out of the house today. I always carry at least 3 meals with me each day for myself and then another2- 3 meals usually for the kids. Life gets so hectic and it would be easy to just go with the flow, but it really helps me to plan ahead of time what I'm going to make and eat for the next day...not only for me but for the children.

Today for the first time I tried the Flame Broiled restaurant. My daughter had a reading and writing class until 5:30pm tonight, and I didn't want to drive all the way back home and then go back to the place where I pick her up, so I thought I would see what this restaurant was all about. It was great! They have the calories, fat, protein, for all their meals listed. Also, they had great options. They had a little chicken bowl and a larger one.

If you haven't tried this restaurant and you are looking for a nutritious and healthy meal...these restaurants are all over Orange County. I'm always looking for options just in case I run into a jam or I need a change.

RsmKettleGirl@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment