Monday, December 20, 2010

Peanut Butter Banana Shake Recipe and more....

Yes, I love my peanut butter and banana shake!
Here is the simple recipe.

In this order I put these ingredients into my Braun Blender, a normal size blender.
Approximately 10 oz. of tap water.
1 Banana (if my bananas get really ripe I take off the skins, wrap them in cellaphane or put them in a Ziploc baggy and freeze them until I'm ready to make my shake). I always use a medium or large banana.
1 Scoop Protein Powder: I use vanilla Lean Complex 4. 1 Scoop has 1 g fat, 150 calories, 32 g protein, and 2 g carbohydrates, 1 g sugar, which is Sucralose. However!!! Recently my husband went to the store to buy the protein powder and the company has changed it's label. It's called Lean Complex 8. I haven't tried the new vanilla but my husband says it's good. The profile is 150 calories, 1 g fat, 2 g carbohydrates, 1 g sugar from Sucralose. The big difference between the two protein powders is that the new one has 8 different types of proteins instead of 4 and they are time released.

1 rounded Tablespoon of Organic Peanut Butter from Costco. I love that peanut butter. You have to stir it which is a pain, but oh well.

I put all of the ingredients into the blender until blended and drink. Yummy!
I have 2 adult gummy vitamins and 1 chewable calcium, because I just love sweets...and that is my breakfast.

Recommended Shake from a friend:
Peach Ginger Recharger ( from the Oxygen Magazine October 2010 Issue)
I have not tried this shake yet, but a friend of mine who recently decided to subscribe to the magazine  because I was relentless about how wonderful this magazine was for women who really wanted to get fit and also readvaluable information that is meaningful to body transformation.

1 red or orange fleshed peach, pitted and chopped. However during this time of year I would be likely to use Costco's peaches in a jar. They come in a 3 pack.

1 1/2 tsp grated fresh gingerroot. Use the fresh ginger!
1 cup low-fat buttermilk. If you don't have buttermilk there is a way to make it with the ingredients you have at home. Look it up on the internet. It's something like using vinegar, lemon juice, and nonfat milk. Sorry I don't have it at my fingertips.
1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
Ice cubes ( I might use 3).

Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend thoroughly.
272 calories, 2 grams fat, 15 mg cholesteral, 30 grams carbohydrates, 2 grams fiber, 20 grams sugar, 33 grams protein.

Mocha Muscle Shake
I have not tried it but it has peanut butter and I love peanut butter. See what you think. It also comes from my favorite magazine, Oxygen. I am posting this recipe because it's lower in carbohydrates.
Ice cubes
1 cup soy milk (but I may try Rice Dream or NonFat Milk)
1/3 cup brewed coffee
1 TBSP all natural peanut butter
1 scoop chocolate flavored whey protein ( I would use Lean Complex 4 or 8: chocolate flavor).

200 calories, 7 grams of fat, 0 cholesterol, 18 grams carbohydrates, 18 grams protein.

Enjoy! and let me know what you think by leaving me a comment in my blog.
I love the questions. Keep them coming! Whatever I can do to be your motivator will in turn also motivate me to keep going.

RsmKettleGirl@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment