Thursday, December 16, 2010

morning or night time workouts

I like working out in the evenings best. For one thing, I don't have to get up early in the morning, which works out well, since I go to bed late. Also, when I workout in the morning I tend to be hungrier in the daytime. If I workout at night, I have a 1/2 scoop protein powder and just watch television and go to bed. At night, if I am a little hungry I feel okay going to bed without more food in the tummy. At night I'm usually more stressed because I've had a full day of doing so much, so the night time workout helps me calm down and feel happy again.

Morning workouts are good for people who want to get their workout over with and not have to deal with it at the end of the day. They are also good for those people who just cannot fall asleep fast enough after a nighttime workout. I used to workout in the morning when I was younger and in school. However, it just doesn't seem to work as well for me now that I have a family of my own and lots of obligations.

Another big factor for working out at night is that my husband also works out at night. While there are many days that we do not workout together, because I'm at a Kettlebell class, there are at least a few nights per week that we are together downstairs in the garage working out.

Whether one works out at night or in the morning really doesn't matter. There are pros and cons to both. For me, working out at night is best because I'm able to stick to it better, which of course is key.

Tonight I was going to go to kettlebell, but my evening plans changed, and I needed to be home. So, after the children went to bed, I went downstairs and ran for 30 minutes, walked for 5 minutes, and stretched.

Now I'm happy.
RsmKettleGirl@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment