Monday, December 20, 2010

1 week update on Nutrition and Exercise

FYI: The Egg Nog Tea comes from the Ralphs supermarket on Margarite and Santa Margarita Pkwy on the border of Mission Viejo & Santa Margarita.

Sunday was officially my one week back on track. I decided not to go to Super Sunday Cardio Kickboxing because I just thought I would be overdoing it by not taking 1 day off for the week.

Tonight I went to Kettlebell. Awesome class Paul!!!!! It was great. All of us in the class worked on the same moves, then branched off into different moves 1/2 way through the class. We are all at different levels and needed different workouts. Paul is very good at creating different workouts for different people.

Just to give you an idea of what I did tonight in hopes that you will try kettlebell someday if you haven't. I did the classic kettlebell swing, then did cleans, high pulls, push ups, alternating rows, and chest press. I was ampt and exhausted.

Tonight for dinner I strayed away from my normal dinner, because my mom came over and cooked for the family. I kept good portion control, and the meal was well balanced with broccoli, potatoes, and steak meatballs. The fat from the meatballs came mostly from the steak, yet it did not have too much fat running through it. We cooked the meatballs in the oven without any oil. The broccoli was plain, and I'm not sure what the potatoes had in them. They were broken up and cooked with the broccoli. I should have asked. Mom likes to sneak a little of this and that into her in-prompt-to recipes. She's a great cook, but I usually need to make sure what I'm eating is not too fattening.

This week was not a problem staying focused. As long as I'm eating every 2 1/2 hours I can keep on track.
This week I worked out 6 out of 7 days. Now we are on week 2. The cookies from the cookie exchange are slowly being eaten up by my husband and children. I haven't touched them, but they look very good. I think I'll just enjoy the fact that they look so good on the kitchen counter and they can provide comfort to my eyes and not my body.

RsmKettleGirl@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment