Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Day 2 towards my 4 month goal

Today was day 2 on my path towards my 4 month goal. I decided to start now and not relax anymore, because I don't like the feeling of carrying even 5 more pounds than my competition weight in October. It's not comfortable and I feel like a fat cow right now. I haven't weighed myself but I can usually tell by the way my clothes fit. I knew I wanted to gain a little weight back, but I now feel that I would like to stay at 108/109 lbs.

So right now my goal is to take off the 5 lbs I may have gained and then just stay there until about 2-3 months out from the competition. Then, I'll try to reduce slowly down to approximately 100-105lbs depending on how I look. I need to gain muscle so losing too much weight now will compromise my end goal.

Yesterday and today I ate very clean foods. 5 out of 6 meals were whole foods. The other meal was a supplement. I've been enjoying ground lean turkey & sweet potatoes at lunch, and tonight I just loved my veggie hamburger patty dinner (from Costco). It was a nice change. The veggie burgers I bought had 150 calories and 5 grams of fat and around 18 grams of protein. It was the perfect meal before working out, since eating fat before a workout is not good. FYI: eating fat after a workout is not good either. I can eat some fat, but not a lot, otherwise the body is not able to use the nutrients in the proper way.

Right now, I'm also thinking about how I will navigate my way through holiday parties. My husband and I are leaving to San Jose for a business holiday party next week. So, I will plan to workout on a Friday morning before the flight and then when we return on Saturday, I will workout in the evening. I'll definitely be bringing my Good Earth tea bags with me for some comfort.

If you are worried about trying to reach your goal while in the midst of the holiday season and you would like any information that could help you, let me know. It would be nice for me to share with you and in return it would also keep me motivated knowing that you are training too.

RsmKettleGirl@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment