Thursday, November 4, 2010

weaknesses

So I had an easy day overall with my nutrition UNTIL THIS EVENING!
I don't think I ate enough fat during the day, so I was munching on some lightly salted cashews & some dried mixed fruit from Costco. It was so good. I have not had either of those for months! Then I was feeling a little like I didn't want to work out either.

I knew I was there in that bad place where I just wanted to sit, relax, and munch. I can feel on top of the world with what I ate for the entire day and plan my exercise routine for the evening and then wham....in a few minutes I go from 100% go to 100% no.

Anyway, I just kind of sat and thought "what good is it going to do me if I don't work out?" or "munch" some more. I could only come up with "absolutely nothing". So, after the girls went to bed, I put on my workout clothes, went downstairs into the garage, and ran for 30 minutes, with an additional 5 minutes of cool down.

I counted minutes again. I tend to do that when I'm just not in the mood to workout. I ran hard and had a very good run. Then I did 4 sets of 3 pull ups and giant setted those with 4 sets of holding a plank position.

The other thought I had tonight was that my first goal will be to maintain my current level of nutrition and exercise for another year. July 2009 my goal was to get fit and be consistent. In July 2010 my goal was to enter a contest. My goal now will be to stay consistent until July 2011. It's certainly a more realistic goal than to enter another show. However, I have not given up on entering another show.

It's adding the "extra"
to the ordinary-
and that takes persistence.
-Bryce Courtenay, B 1933
Australian Best-Selling Author

RsmKettleGirl@gmail

No comments:

Post a Comment