Saturday, November 13, 2010

Doing it Together

It really feels good when other people I know start to make changes in nutrition and exercise. A few people I know have taken baby steps to make small changes towards their goals. It's a great thing to hear, because I think that the small changes seem much more manageable, and don't interfere so much with day to day living.

Back then, when I wasn't in the mood to exercise or eat clean, I just changed one thing. I started to exercise 30 minutes a day 3 days a week (whether I liked it or not) to see if I could be consistent. I did it for 2-4 weeks consistently before I changed anything else. Then I took away only butter from my diet. I made minimal changes and practiced the new habits before I made any new ones.

Starting Small, Being Consistent, and Documenting the Success was how I got to where I am now. It wouldn't have worked for me if I had made lots of changes quickly. Some people may like the all or nothing, but I guess I didn't find much value in it, because I had done that before several times and it really didn't work out for me in the long run.

Even if you post a comment anonymously I would love to know where you are in achieving your goals. What works for you? What is hard for you? Where are your week points?

Tomorrow is my day off from working out. I worked out this week Monday -Saturday. Saturday I was pretty tired, so I need a good day of recovery.

RsmKettleGirl@gmail.com
http://bikinicompetitor.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment