Monday, November 8, 2010

Days Off

This weekend I was ready to just relax and not worry about what I was eating and not worry about whether or not I exercised. I did just that! It was nice to just enjoy foods I hadn't had in a long time, and not have to worry about measuring any food or watching proportions. I totally enjoyed.

However, the flip side is that I knew that Monday, today, I needed to get right back on track. If I had taken anymore days off, It would have been harder and harder to get back into the swing of things. As it was I didn't know if I was going to go to Kettlebell tonight. There is always so much to do at home with the family and children, that I have a list of excuses why I could have skipped tonight and gone Wednesday instead. Also my body was kind of feeling fluffy after not eating clean this weekend, so that would have been another reason why I could have waited to go to class. I just have a bunch of excuses and all would have been valid.

I decided to make myself go to class. First, I missed going to kettlebell. It has been a little over 1 week since I had been to class. Second, I knew that if I just went, I would feel calmer and fitter. It was a really good class. I would have preferred it to be harder, but it was good that it wasn't, since I hadn't been doing it for a while.

Today, overall was a good day. I ate clean, ate every 2 1/2 hours, had my favorite tea several times during the day, and worked out. I don't know about you, but when I workout and eat well, physically  and mentally I'm definitely more balanced in everything else I do on that day.

I'm also getting more comfortable with homeschooling. I'm getting more organized, more thorough, and more confident. I still have a long way to go. I'm impressed with all those teachers out there who love teaching and do it well. I wish they all made over 100K a year. It's simply not fair.

Tomorrow will be day 2 on my road towards my second goal. I'm very aware that the holidays are coming up. So, I'm just letting my mind ponder about how I want to deal with the holiday meals. It may sound strange, but dealing with it now, will help me stay on track.

RsmKettleGirl@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment