Monday, November 1, 2010

First Day Back Workout

Tonight's workout wasn't as bad as I expected. I ran 30 minutes with a 5 minute cool down, and completed a leg workout. I counted minutes while I was on the treadmill (like I sometimes do), but at least I wasn't dreading being there. I started my workout around 8:20pm and ended at approximately 9:30pm. Now I can just relax and watch television with my husband.

I thought a lot about the next competition. Now I'm thinking I may wait until March to do the next one. I really want to make some more significant changes, and it's just not possible to do that in 35 days. I really want a 4th place or 3rd place trophy the next time! I need about 3 months to make some significant changes to my rear and back of my legs. I think I'm going to increase the number of leg workouts I do per week, continue kettlebell for overall core strength, lean muscle, and definition, and of course continue my 30 minute cardio sessions throughout the week.

I'm glad I got back on track today. Friday and Saturday I didn't workout. Sunday I had planned to, but the Resees Peanut Butter cups from the girls' trick-or-treat bags were too good to pass up, and I really wanted to just hang one more day. So now that I've had my rest, I feel ready as one can be to just get back on track. I've always said that regardless of my feelings wanting to pull another direction, I know what is best for my mind and body.

Tomorrow I'll try to post a few more pictures, so you can see the other posing suit I used during the precompetition. It's a little bland, but does have it's good points.

RsmKettleGirl@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment