Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Free Weights, Weight Machines, & Kettlebells

Tonight I worked biceps, triceps, shoulders, and abs with dumbbells and machines. For so many years I have loved working out with dumbbells and machines, and thought I would never want to part with my first love. After having spent 4 months using the kettlebell 3 times a week, and having gone back to weights tonight, I really miss the kettlebell.

I went to Paul Daniels website: www.bodywarehouse.com and figured that if I went 3 times a week to kettlebell class, I could take them at 6:15pm Tuesday & Thursday evenings and then Saturday at 7am. He teaches these classes at California Elite Sports Center in Rancho Santa Margarita, which would be easy to get to for me. The workouts are only 45 minutes long, so that's good too. It doesn't take much to burn a lot of calories with the kettlebell, so it will save me time.

Then, I would do cardio and specific weight training for my legs at home on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Sunday would be my day off. I'm just brainstorming right now trying to figure out the best workout schedule for me.

Anyway, I had a good workout tonight, but I can tell that part of the reason why my workout was good was because of all the core strength I had developed from using the kettlebell.

RsmKettleGirl@gmail.com
http://bikinicompetitor.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment