Monday, November 29, 2010

Running on the Treadmill

Tonight I ran on the treadmill. I don't know if you have ever had this experience, but after a period of time of not eating well or training consistently, my lower half jiggles on the treadmill when I run. It's not so much that I'm bothered by the jiggling as I am with what it feels like when I run. The fat on my buttocks and upper legs hurts when they jiggle. I guess it could also be some of the loss of tight muscle. I don't know, but it hurts.

The other thing I experience when I'm getting back into the swing of things is that I want to work out longer than my ordinary workouts. For instance, instead of running for 30 minutes I often contemplate running for 40 minutes. Tonight I really wanted to run longer, because I have that urgency of wanting to make up for lost time. I didn't do it. I had to hold myself back, because I don't want to get in the habit of feeling like the amount of time I workout isn't enough. I have been able to demonstrate that a 30 minute run is enough time spent on the treadmill and overdoing it will have repercussions on my food intake as well as leave me too tired towards the end of the week when I still have a day or two before a rest day.

Example of my workout tonight:

Tonight I ran on the treadmill 30 minutes, and had a 5 minute walk cool down, then stretched.
Leg workout followed:
4 sets alternating leg lunges, no weights, and giant setted with buttocks lifts with a 25 lb weight.

Afterwards, I completed 4 sets of hamstring curls giant setted with standing calf raises, without weights.

1/2 scoop protein powder after the workout....within 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment