Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My Favorites

Here is a list of my favorite things that help me day to day.

Supplements:
I love Lean Complex 4 protein powder, vanilla or chocolate. I buy it at NutriSport or NutriStop.
I love Promax Bars when I have a craving for a goody and don't want to eat my regular meal. I like the chocolate chip, peanut butter crunch, double chocolate ones. I buy them at Trader Joe's by the box.

Food:
Fats: I love the organic peanut butter from Costco, unsalted walnuts, cashews, and almonds.
Carbohydrates: I love sweet potatoes in the day with my protein, because it stabilizes my blood sugars and provides enough energy to get me to the next meal. I eat broccoli practically every day. I buy it in bulk in the refrigerated section at Costco. I love the brown rice rice cakes lightly salted from Vons. I love the prepackaged apple slices from Costco. I usually buy two boxes in the refrigerated section, because I eat one package a day. I also love vanilla Greek Yogurt. I can't remember the name, but I get it from Henry's.
Protein: I love steel head trout (frozen) from Costco. It's so good. The family loves it too. Sometimes I cook it with a little garlic salt and sometimes with nothing. It's easy to overcook. I can thaw it out 20 minutes before putting it in a pan and dinner is done within 30 minutes. I also love the canned white chicken from Costco, and lean ground turkey from Costco. I also have hard boiled eggs always available in the refrigerator.

Extras:
I love, love, love and have it at least 2 times per day: Good Earth decaffeinated tea. I also love Ginger Chews from World Market and I've tried the Ginger chews by Newmann at Henry's, but there not as good as the ginger chews. I like altoids once in a while. I rely on these things to keep me on track.

What I don't eat:
I do not eat pasta, white bread, or white rice. In fact, I rarely eat bread. I do not eat sweets other than my protein bars and supplements and the Soy Vey I put on my vegetables.

Favorite Places to Shop for food:
I love the Sultan's Market off of El Toro Road. Amazingly inexpensive produce. It's right next to Fudruckers.
I shop at Costco obviously and Vons, Henry's and Trader Joes.

I eat approximately every 2 1/2 hours to keep my blood sugars level, keep me from those nasty cravings, and watch the quantity of food I prepare...which is key for my age: 42.

My Motto: Try one thing new today and do it for one week and see if you can stay consistent with it. If you can, do it for another week....
RsmKettleGirl@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment