Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Anger and Hormones

Last night I meant to blog, but I had so many things on my to do list last night, and I was angry and my hormones were going crazy. I can tell you that I worked out last night for a little over an hour. I ran on the treadmill for 30 minutes, cooled down for 5 minutes, and did a leg workout which consisted of 3 different exercises, 4 sets each. During the whole time I was angry. I just wanted to hit something. My husband was close by??????? but he was being very understanding, so I thought that it might not be a good idea to take it out on him!

With 3 days off from eating well and not exercising, I know my hormones were off, and so was my mood. It was an incredibly hard workout. I kept thinking that it would have been nice to have some gloves and a punching bag. Instead I kind of threw my water bottle into the treadmill drink pocket and it missed. It hit the floor with a big thump. I hit the treadmill once with my hands. I didn't hurt myself, I just needed to get the frustration out. I had this odd energy that I really needed to express and since I was working out the energy just came out where I was.

Anyway, I felt better afterwards. Tonight I worked out and I felt fine. I've been eating well 3 days and working out 3 days and I just feel so much better. I don't know if you've ever had those moments or days where you just know your hormones and temperament is off because you haven't been taking care of yourself, but I can easily recognize where it happens to me.

It's amazing how much more I can accomplish in a day's time when my body is fed well and my workouts are consistent. Even though I have days where I just don't want to workout, it's a good thing I force myself. I always feel better afterwards.

FYI: for those of you who want to try a FREE Kettlebell class with Paul Daniels (www.thebodywarehouse.com), I think he is going to have a class at 7:30am December 4th, Saturday at Rancho Santa Margarita Lake. I know he teaches Kettlebell in Foothill Ranch in the morning for his boot camp. Anyway, I'm passing this information on to you, because Kettlebell just builds such a strong core in such a short period of time, and I think it's really important that if you are going to try this new sport, that you learn properly.

On another note, I am still going to train for another competition. I will probably do one in about 3 months. If you are keeping up with my blog, why don't you join me in reaching your goal while I'm reaching mine.

Please feel free to leave me comments or ask me questions on my blog. I'd love to hear from you. Keep it anonymous if you'd like.

Tomorrow night I will be at Kettlebell Class at California Elite Sports Center in Rancho Santa Margarita at 6:15pm.

RsmKettleGirl@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment