Monday, June 20, 2011

Classes vs. Home Workouts

As long as I'm working out consistently it really doesn't matter where I am doing it. This month I have chosen to workout at home as opposed to go to my kettlebell classes with Paul Daniels from www.thebodywarehouse.com. I love his classes, but it was really hard for me to get to a few of them at night even though I loved getting my workout over with early in the evening.  I was having a hard time staying consistent for a variety of reasons, so I decided to become a little introverted and do my workouts at home downstairs in my own gym. So far, so good. I don't always like working out until 9:30pm, but I am running every other day, and doing my kettlebell workout on the alternating days. Paul has taught me so much about body positioning, various moves with the kettlebell, and also pushing myself harder. So, all of that information has really helped me to create workouts that push myself harder.

The two things that are different about a home kettlebell workout are the use of my ipod when I'm training and using my thin workout gloves. I say "thin" because most workout gloves are quite bulky when you squeeze your hands and the kettlebell may not feel as comfortable. Also, I think it's important to have a really good grip on that large piece of iron, so I wouldn't advise the gloves unless you feel really confident about your grip. I know I don't need them, but they do keep my hands from getting as many callouses.

Paul's classes are fun. Not only because he is there to guide a good workout, but the people in the class are a joy to be with during the session. I miss both. But right now I am able to focus well at home.

I may purchase a 2nd kettlebell a little heavier, but I'll wait until next month. Right now I have 2 12kg kettlebells at home. One is my friend's.


Workout Tonight:
37 minutes treadmill: 30 minutes running, the rest walking.
4 sets of butt' blasters (15 reps throughout0


What I ate Today:
same protein/ banana/ peanut butter/ ice/ water smoothie
1030am:  1 pear & 1 hard boiled egg
1pm: not any surprise: 2 low fat ground turkey, salsa, 2 corn tortillas -tacos
3pm: peanut butter crunch Promax protein bar
5:45: Taco Salad: iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, green onions, white kidney beans, ground lean turkey with taco seasoning. 


I know it seems like I would get bored with eating some of the same foods each day. I am so used to having my 8am, 1030am, 3pm meals basically the same each day, that I'm actually quite used to and satisfied with them. The 1pm and 5:30pm meals I tend to play around more with based on my mental desires. Last year when I was training for the competition I used a lot of Asian seasoning, now it seems to have switched to Mexican seasoning. Also, I didn't think that I would have any breads, but I have ended up eating plenty of corn tortillas.

I know it's late, but after my shower, I may go downstairs and make the salsa fresca that needs to be ready for tomorrow.... Preparation is absolutely key....especially when there are enough factors that can throw one off track!

RsmKettleGirl@gmail.com
Please feel free to write me a comment anytime. I'm always interested in your feedback

No comments:

Post a Comment