Tuesday, June 21, 2011

It's a big waiting game, isn't it?

I should have titled it, "it's a big wait-weighing game." The reality is that eating well and working out are relatively easy in the sense that one can figure out what to eat at each meal without much trouble, and 30 minutes minimum of an intense workout can be accomplished daily. The truly grueling part is not seeing daily instant results that I can visually see, and say, "wow! I really made improvement today!" It would be great if I could look at myself naked in the mirror and feel that momentary satisfaction that could keep me going for the next 3-4 months.

Unfortunately, it's not going to happen. So what does one do? Well, like most people we know or are like, we can just find a weak moment in the day and just give in to a little snacky pie, or a dinner outing, or a shower without a workout that day.

If one chooses to dismiss the feeling of being bored and feels that having something to do or anything to do...because one can't stand the place they are in within at that particular moment, then the battle is lost.

The whole point of the matter is more than losing weight. It's really about how to do without the preoccupation of needing to do something to make one feel more ampt up, distracted, and in constant motion.

One shouldn't try to fill up the space again  with something that is not serving the end point. Being okay with the way things are when one has done everything possible that day is okay. TIME will take care of the rest. But TIME is the most important part of the process.

Tonight was one of those nights I had to look at myself and say "don't do anything!" Just doing what I needed to do today inspite of what I WANTED was probably the most challenging and most important.
I didn't want to work out. My body was tired. So, I went downstairs and put in almost 1 hour of kettlebell training, even though I was expecting 30 minutes from myself. Also, I really wanted more food tonight, so instead I ate 1 tsp of peanut butter and drank lots of water.

What I ate today:
830am: peanut butter, protein powder, ice, water, banana smoothie
11am: 1 pear & 1 hard boiled egg
1pm: taco salad from last night
3pm: Promax chocolate chip protein bar
5:45pm: 2 lean ground turkey, salsa, corn tortilla tacos
7pm: 1 tsp peanut butter

Workout Tonight:
833pm: Kettlebell workout:
4 sets of 25 two arm kettlebell swings.
4 sets of the following combinations with rests in between each set: 10, 10, 15, 15 -two kettlebell deadlifts, 10 alternating swings, 10 two arm swings, 10 alternating clean and presses, 5-10 swings, 40 lunges without the kettlebell (20 each side).
4 sets of the following combinations with rests in between each set: 10-16 total of two kettlebell alternating rows from a push-up position, followed by 20 fast squat-to-stand without the kettlebell.
4 sets of sit ups using the large yoga ball.

...then as fast as I could I went upstairs to shower, so I could have lots of time to just sit and relax!!!!

RsmKettleGirl@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment