Friday, June 10, 2011

Hot Stuff

Tonight my husband made a corn, tomato, and chipotle salsa. He BBQ'd some chicken breasts with some mesquite no salt seasoning. He served them with hot corn tortillas. I had one corn tortilla, approx 4 oz of chicken breasts, and 2/3 cup salsa. My mouth was burning up, but it was very very good. I really really like spicy foods. It's not only good for revving up the metabolism, but it satisfies any cravings I may have.

Most of us have a desire for certain types of food. I love comfort foods, spicy foods, and lots of seasoning regardless of the country of origin. The only thing is learning how to get the taste while keeping a low fat, not-much-food diet while training.

BBQ / grilling magazines often have lots of recipes that are low in fat, but high in taste. Even if I buy a recipe book that is considered low in fat, not all the recipes are as low in fat as the grilling magazines.

Last night's workout:
45 minutes kettlebell

Tonight's workout:
35 minutes treadmill running/walking. 22 minutes running, the rest warm up and cool down walking fast.
burned 350 + calories

Meals today:
banana, protein, peanut butter smoothie as usual
morning snack: 1 pear and 1 hard boiled egg
lunch: leftover chicken breast & 3/4 cup salsa fresca I made
afternoon snack: 1 protein bar
dinner: (posted above)

I need to start cooking broccoli and adding it into at least one meal a day. I've been on the salsa-kick, but I need to add the greens back in.

Weigh In:
I weighed in two weeks ago at 118, getting close to 117.5, BUT I BLEW IT THE LAST 1 1/2 WEEKS, so I've had to get back on track. I haven't weighed myself yet. I will, but not until I'm ready. I don't like the distraction of having the weight of the scale on my mind on a daily basis. I'd much rather focus on good training and good nutrition. I'm just not one of those people who can get on then off the scale and just let the numbers go! So I tend to use the scale as  a spot check every so often.

No comments:

Post a Comment