Sunday, November 11, 2012

1 1/2 months training so far....

The first month was about working out consistently, and working towards 5-6 days a week doing cardio mostly. Now in the second month I have managed to workout 6 days per week, alternating kettlebell training with leg training, while maintaining my 30 minutes per day of cardio.

I absolutely love that I have found my own space to workout each morning. Working out with the husband is nice once in a while, but I'm craving my own space right now. In the morning, when the kids are asleep and husband has left for work already...it's only the cat and I in the workout room.

Sunday seems to be my favorite day off from working out. Sometimes I feel like working out, but I think it's necessary to give the body a rest, even though the mind says "but I feel good...I want to work out."

When Monday comes around I think my body has recovered, and I feel excited to go downstairs for the start of the week's workout. It's crazy, when I get into the groove, I start thinking about the next workout the day before. That's when I know that things have clicked.

As far as eating is concerned, I am loving eating dairy and gluten free...with the exception of the morning protein powder, which has milk derivatives, like casein. Overall, I feel energized, alert, and much more capable of focusing on the goal.

June is a long way away for the 2013 competition, but I'm sure the time will fly by. I think I've given myself enough time to get ready. I don't have any reservations about getting to my target goal, but I am questioning whether or not I will look okay on stage again. I'll be 45 years old, and that just seems like a bigger difference than 42/43 years old. I feel like I'm getting saggier, older, and wrinklier...which is all probably true, but perhaps it might feel like I exaggerate my current age. Despite these thoughts, I am really excited for this next challenge of mental and physical stamina.

RsmKettleGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment