Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Crazy isn't it?

After all this time, I have decided I want to work towards another competition. How long has it been since I have  posted? ....LOL

In the beginning of October, I decided to get back on track with my workouts first. They were sporadic at best, because I couldn't quite figure out how to balance family, homeschooling, and my social lives. It was so frustrating, because I knew I could do it, but just couldn't get myself in the groove.

So, as crazy as it sounds, I started listening to Anthony Robbins tapes on motivation, consistency, commitment, and all those inspirational ideas that he's spoken about for years. The funny thing is that I remember when he first started out in the 80's or early 90's ....and he was the best thing since sliced bread. I attended one of his first events in Irvine, and he rocked!

Years passed and I came across an entire series of his tapes for free, and I thought what the heck....I'll listen to what he had to say. Aside from some of his personal beliefs, I totally got into his tapes. I started listening to them in September.

By late September, I was so excited, that I decided I would workout in the early morning before kids awoke and after husband had left for work. It was a quiet time, and alone time was going to be good for me to focus.

The first two weeks of 6 days a week were gruesome. But as we all know, it takes time to get into the groove. By the third week of 6 days a week of working out, I was feeling great. I loved listening to my favorite tunes, and loved being alone.

By the 4th week, I decided to eat clean. What did that mean for me? It meant dropping out "white" & dairy. ...which is mostly white anyway:)

I know, you are going to think it extreme, but I love the feeling of cutting out white and dairy (with the exception of protein powder...and every once in a while when I feel like a nonfat Greek vanilla yogurt)

If you think it's hard to do....DON'T!
It's amazing what one can find to eat when you cut out wheat thins and bread. Use a potato instead of bread. And honestly....the wheat thins or cookies or crackers or whatever one desires....is a total waste of time. It only makes us feel sluggish and unsatisfied.

I'll try to post daily if I can, but don't hold me to it...since I left for over a year from this blog .....:)

Oh ya....I'm going to compete in June 2013 if I think I'm in competitor shape. But the goal is set....

No comments:

Post a Comment