Thursday, January 3, 2013

BAD MOODS


I'm in a mood. Truly speaking it's not a bad mood, but it's a mood. On the right side of my nose I can feel a bump, like a zit. It won't pronounce itself much because I'm eating too healthy (lol).

This issue coupled with my mood, and being all pissed off the last few days about a book I started reading a week ago, that I was really excited about, turned out to be a dud, and put me in that bad place. I seriously have nothing to fret about; then I realized I am PMSing. Aside from the fact that staying warm in the gym has been gruelingly difficult. The pullover I'm wearing in the photo is the 3rd attempt to find something perfectly warm while I weight train. It was better than the green zip up sweatshirt I posted most recently. 

Okay...back to the story. So I went to the library and grudgingly returned a book that I was hoping to finish, and checked out not one but three new books. I didn't want to get caught at home attempting to read another book, only to be disappointed again, and not have a spare to pick up in it's place.

I picked up HOT CHOCOLATE FOR SENIORS: More than 100 heartwarming, humorous, inspiring stories written by seniors, for seniors, and about seniors. (Ha!)...

That should tell you right there that I'm in a phase. Nonetheless, the book is very good. It's been an emotional read, but one that matches my mood, and oddly enough makes me feel good. I think I'm going to read some of the passages twice to make me really happy:)

Then, I picked up two other reads that I haven't started yet. I was waiting until this book got bad, so that I could pick up the other. However, it looks like the other two will have to wait. 

One of the other books is called We Learn Nothing by Tim Kreider. This author is a satirical cartoonist who turns his funny, brutally honest eye to the dark truths of the human condition....

The other book is The One World School House Education Reimagined by Salman Khan...The guy who founded The Khan Academy. And if you haven't visited the website, you should, if you have KIDS.

I'm pretty sure I have at least a week before this mood breaks and I feel normal again. For now, I'm going to imagine myself crawled up inside my bed with socks and p.j's and my book. 

But the reality is that I'm going to chauffeur my kids to a class and heat up dinner for the family. 

....and this mood shall pass too:)

RsmKettleGirl@gmail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment