Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year's Goals

Since my last post a few days ago, I have continued to work out and eat well. Even though we (the family) was out until 12:20am to bring in the New Year with friends, I managed to work out today.


I brought a fruit bowl to the party last night and enjoyed smelling all the cookies, chocolates, and cupcakes. Was I tempted? not really. The fragrance of all of it was probably better than it tasted.


 I didn't set the alarm for 6:30am, because there was no way I was going to get up early after quite the evening; Instead I got out of bed at 9:30am, had breakfast, talked on the phone with a friend who now lives in another state, then finally worked out at 11:30am. 

Workout:
1/2 hour running on treadmill bundled up like the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man. 

Followed by a Kettlebell workout:
4 sets two arm swings
4 sets alternating swings into shoulder presses
4 sets high pulls followed by upright rows for delts and bent over alternating one arm rows.
4 sets of bicep curls supersetted with overhead tricep presses. 

What I ate today:

banana, protein powder, peanut butter smoothie
Vitamins
BCAAs
hardboiled eggs
strawberry Greek Yogurt
Marinated BBQ chicken
lettuce
4 bean salad
1 tsp salad dressing
corn tortilla
oen tablespoon beans/sausage
spinach
salsa

Back to the original post on 2013 goals. I need to push the weight harder for my glutes, the toughest area to tone. I really need to increase the weight on all exercises, but I will be particularly diligent in this area. I will not increase my cardio workouts. I will continue to focus on eating more green vegetables. And most of all, I need to be patient and relax and let the body do what it needs to do with the time I have left. I can't rush the process, so reading and playing piano, and sewing and whatever else is calming is really important to do for nurturing my soul and calming my nerves. 

Consistency is relatively easy now with exercising and eating...but it's not something to take for granted. I'm in inertia, but it doesn't mean I don't have to be cognizant of each hour of the day in prepping my meals, and making sure I have plenty of clean foods on hand. 

I'm still very excited about the prospects of competing again, but I'm incredibly nervous about whether or not I will be able to get in good enough shape for the stage. I'm a little humbled by the competition out there. 

I hope that some of the thoughts I share help either motivate or help.  

RsmKettleGirl@gmail.com

BTW: I'm going to bring a pullover sweatshirt downstairs for now on. Yesterday I was pissed off that it was so cold after my run. I had a hat, gloves, long shirt with finger slots, long pants, and still I needed another layer to keep from cooling down and freezing at the same time. 





Here I am with several layers of clothes on. The white thing around my neck is a towel. Then, I put on my husband's shirt. I asked him for a sweatshirt and he brought me this! Of course since I was already pissed off, I got more irritated with the prospects of thinking it wasn't going to keep me warm enough. But it did. So, I thanked him:). I look like a troll!


1 comment:

  1. Hello, my friend! Wow, it is soo good to see you posting here again! I was cleaning up my bookmarks and clicked on yours before I deleted it (thinking you were done) and was happily surprised! You look and sound amazing. I am gathering inspiration from you, as I have a LOT of work to do on my end. Not in the "get bikini body" ready... more in the get-back-to-normal-weight ready. LOL. Anyway, I love that you are on track and posting. I love seeing the food choices you make, because I am always looking for good ideas. The girls looked AMAZING in their Christmas card picture!! XOXO, Alesha

    ReplyDelete