Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Holiday

This was one of the best holidays ever for two reasons. One, I got to cook for two straight days without interruption. I listened to some relaxing music by Michael Buble, Jack Johnson, Sam Cooke, and Charlie Brown's Christmas tunes -which is terrific, however funny that may sound from an adult listening to what could be claimed as solely children's music. I was in bliss while the children sang, played, and danced. Oh, and the second reason I may go into another day.

We had two parties, one on the 23rd and the other on the 25th. The first one I cooked Chicken Pumpkin Casserole and Cauliflower with Fontina Cheese to name a few items. They smelled wonderful. The sauce for the casserole was delicious. I scooped aside some sauce and shredded chicken for myself -totally low fat and protein dense.

The sauce had tomatillos, cilantro, onions, garlic, jalepeno pepper and it was simply to die for and very low calorie. I put all of these in the food processor. You must try it!

The second dish smelled wonderful, but of course I did not eat that either. I did not feel deprived at all. I just enjoyed cooking and smelling so much, there was no temptation. On the second day, where I had to prepare Christmas dinner, I made this Bosc Pear Crumble. It was so fun and easy to make. 

 This one is the Cauliflower Fontina Cheese Dish that all the kids loved.
What I found hilarious was not being tempted by cookies that people brought to the house or foods I made or served, but the once a year chocolate covered cake batter balls that one of the neighbors always gives us. And of course, I never let the kids have any, because I want them all to myself each year. They are amazing. When the kids brought them into the kitchen, I just about died. They each had one, and I'm still trying to figure out how to save them so I can eat the other two in June. It's honestly the silliest thing ever to be tempted not by the smell or even the look of them, because they are really something that most people wouldn't look twice at. And there I was so tempted -but wasn't going to budge. 

As the instructor says in Taekwondo: focus your eyes, focus your mind, and focus your body. It's so true. It would be hard to accomplish anything without these three little thoughts. 

Here I am Christmas Day downstairs at 6:30am stretching after a 1/2 hour run. I worked legs, then went inside to watch the kids open presents. 

I can't stress enough how important focusing and staying true to the task is if one wants to accomplish or achieve something. It's simply impossible to get where you want if the small steps each moment and each day are not there. Anything from planning your meals to knowing what you will wear to the gym are strategies to help keep you focused.

I hope the holiday was good for you. 

RsmKettleGirl@gmail.com

Foods I ate today:
spinach
Talapia with a 1/4 t. of some marinade sauce
hardboiled eggs
rice cakes
banana, peanut butter, protein powder smoothie
yogurt
vitamins
BCAAs

Workout today:
1/2 hour run
sit ups
smith machine squats
leg press machine
leg extensions

No comments:

Post a Comment