Saturday, December 29, 2012

Pole Fitness

This morning I worked out at 6:30am, 1/2 hour on treadmill running, and 1/2-3/4 of an hour upper body.

However, at 11am I went to my first Pole Fitness Class at www.ocpolefitness.com. They have two locations, one in Huntington Beach and one in Aliso Viejo. 



I was very nervous going there not knowing what to expect. All I knew is to wear a fitted T shirt or tank and a pair of tight fitting shorts or workout pants. There were 4 of us gals in the class, the lights were dimmed, and we had one fantastic instructor facilitating the warm up and the pole work. 

It was AWESOME! My hands were a little sore swinging around the pole and my arms were tired after repetitive use. After so many spins I was feeling a little dizzy and wanted to throw up or eat something -since I hadn't eaten in quite some time. 

It was an amazing workout for 1 1/2. 

Everybody was very nice and unpretentious.  

I had been thinking about trying Zumba, but opted to try Pole Fitness instead. If you go onto YouTube you can search for International Pole Fitness Competitions. It was not at all what I expected. They work the vertical pole up and down, upside down, and all different ways. 

It's not inexpensive. A basic class will run you $25.00 and a regular class $40.00. However, if you decide to buy the unlimited sessions for 6 months to a year, then you will pay around $9 per class. 

This business also has available yoga, aerial fitness, and many other ways to burn fat and feel SEXY. 

So, today was quite an adventure branching into other areas of fitness. 

If you think about it, people may stop their fitness regiment due to boredom. Trying other ways to stay fit by adding a new type of fitness may be a great idea to shake you up and make you feel remotivated and alive. 

I'm not sure I'll go back to the Pole Fitness place. I'd like to go once a week, but it might not be in the budget. I'll keep you posted.

Today what I ate:
(FYI: I never give quantities of how much I eat because we are all different with how much our bodies need. A 20 year old looking at my blog will have different requirements than a 50 year old. Also, body types and metabolism will affect each person differently by how much they eat).

banana protein peanut butter smoothie
Vitamins
BCAAs
probiotics ( I haven't listed these, but I take 2 daily)
hardboiled eggs
green beans
kosher dill pickles
brown rice cake
strawberry Greek yogurt
canned white chicken
lots of water

Exercise Today:
1/2 hour run 
4 sets dumbbell bench flys
4 sets of bent over flyees
4 sets of tricep pushdowns
4 sets seated two arm rows
then  1 1/2 hour pole fitness class

RsmKettleGirl@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment