Monday, August 23, 2010

Bored with the same meals

It doesn't look good, but it was very tasty
Sometimes it get's boring eating the same foods over and over again. Tonight my husband made dinner. That was special and rare! He made a delicious and interesting salsa for the fish. The salsa was made with tomatoes, corn from the cob, black beans, cilantro, parsely, chipolte peppers in adobe sauce, and a few other ingredients. It was so good. I always keep homemade salsa fresca in the refrigerator, but I really loved the new change. Tomorrow I will have the new salsa with some chicken for lunch.

The key is to change things up before everything else in the refrigerator I don't want to eat starts to look more appetizing. I love flavor, so I try to incorporate Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Mexican, or Italian flavors into my core meals. I think that's why I love browsing through cookbooks and online recipes. I'm always looking for new flavors and recipes to incorporate into what would otherwise be boring meals. Earlier today when I had a few minutes I was browsing through Thai recipes and I came across some soup recipes that I wanted to make. They are very low fat. Some ingredients were foreign to me, but I could click on the ingredients and read more about what they were and see pictures. Then there was a store locator link that told me where I could buy these exotic ingredients.

I have a few ugly pictures of my meals, but they were delicious. One meal is chicken breast with steamed broccoli, but I put 1 TBS of Soyaki on the broccoli for more flavor. It was very tasty. The other meal I cut Bok Choy and steamed it in 1/4 tsp of toasted sesame oil, and at the very end put in 1 TBS of the Soyaki. The Fillet of Sole was cooked in lemon pepper. Yum.

By the way, I love my new food scale. I used it tonight to weight the cooked cod. Knowing how many ounces I was consuming was much easier and better than guessing.

Tomorrow, I may talk about an issue I think most of us face -The truth about what we are eating on a daily basis.

Never give in!
Never give in!
Never, never, never, never-
in nothing great or small,
large or petty -never give in
except to convictions of honor and good sense
-Winston Churchill. British Statesman and Prime Minister

RsmKettleGirl
http://bikinicompetitor.blogspot.com/
rsmkettlegirl@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment