Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Slow Process

Losing fat and gaining lean muscle just to the way I want to be 9 weeks from now is a slow process. I haven't had any cheat days since I started focusing on my goal. I haven't missed a workout. Everything has been right on track, but still I have so much to firm up on the lower half of my body. There's no doubt that my body has changed, become tighter, and smaller. However, when I have to think about going on stage, under bright lights, in a bikini, the body still needs time to make changes.

9 weeks doesn't seem like a long time now. It will go by fast. So everyday is absolutely crucial that I work my best in every area. I'm still losing weight on the scale, but it seems much slower now. It's good and bad. It's good, because it means my body probably doesn't have as much fat to lose now and the ratio of muscle growth is probably more than the ratio of fat that is lost.

I ordered two competition swimsuits. It may be a few more weeks before I get them. I don't know if they will fit or look good since I ordered them online, but I'll just have to see when they get here.

I realized tonight that I still have a long way to go mentally. It's been wonderful to be thoroughly committed and consistent, but I'm not fooled into believing that it's just second nature to me. I think I still need at least another year to maintain similar consistent behavior. Patterns take a while to develop and change. It's a process of practicing the behaviors until I rely on the new patterns more than the old patterns. So, regardless of the contest, the change must be more than a single moment in time.

I always welcome comments or questions.
RsmKettleGirl
http://bikinicompetitor.blogspot.com
rsmkettlegirl@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment