Monday, August 30, 2010

Kettlebell and Weight Update

I had a fantastic kettlebell class today. From the beginning I was a little skeptical about how much my body would develop lean muscle from swinging the kettlebell. It was hard for me to let go of the amount of weight training I like and that I am comfortable doing. I think I've been off/on weight training since I was 16 years old.

Today, Paul put me through a wonderful kettlebell workout that kept my body moving from cleans to presses, to swings, to squats. It was a tough workout. I have periodic thoughts lately of exchanging my weight training for kettlebell, even after the competition in October.

He and I were both commenting on how much more defined my arms are. I know that they are that way, because of kettlebell. Weight training has taken a backseat, even though I still work out twice a week with dumbbells.

Bathing Suits:
Both bathing suits arrived today. I tried both of them on. I like the purple one a little better than the green one. I'll try to take a picture this weekend and post it. My body is not quite at the place I want, but at least I don't look ridiculous in them.

Weight:
114.5 lbs. now. I have 4 1/2 pounds to go to reach my goal. Then I will reevealuate from there.

RsmKettleGirl
http://bikinicompetitor.blogspot.com
rsmkettlegirl@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment