Thursday, August 19, 2010

Kettlebell Clean & Press

Picking up a kettlebell and just swinging it will not work my muscles the way I want it to. It's not like getting on a treadmill or taking an aerobics class to burn calories. It's so much more. The more and more I practice kettlebell with Paul, I am convinced how important it is to have a good instructor. I get a great workout, but more importantly I get reminders to breath, squeeze, push, pull, and tighten at all the right times. It has made all the difference especially when I am doing a clean and press. I can go through the motions, do the movement, but sometimes I don't always feel the muscles being exhausted where I should. When he reminds me to do this or that I really feel the muscles.

Kettlebell is such an interesting workout. Even in the short period of time I have seen my back and arms improve dramatically.

On a side note: I found a really great recipe for fat burning chocolate chip cookies in my absolute favorite magazine.

The magazine is Oxygen, by Robert Kennedy, September 2010 issue: page 80.
1 1/2 scoops whole wheat flour
2 cups whey protein powder. (I used 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder & 1 1/2 cups chocolate protein powder).
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups low fat small curd cottage cheese
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup canola oil
1 egg (I used egg white substitute)
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

  • preheat oven 350 degrees
  • combine first 4 ingredients in large bowl and mix with fork
  • in a separate bowl combine next 5 ingredients & whisk together
  • add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well. add oats chocolate chips and walnuts. and mix.
  • drop by teaspoonfuls onto parchment paper lined baking sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment